Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Women's Health offers reproductive endocrinology and infertility (REI) services at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital. Our REI physician deals with issues of infertility, recurrent pregnancy loss, hormonal abnormalities, fibroids and reproductive tract abnormalities and menopausal issues.
The division offers a full range of treatments, from basic clinical evaluations, ovulation induction and intra-uterine inseminations, to surgical interventions for fibroids and reproductive tract anatomic abnormalities.
Our REI physician is a fellowship trained subspecialist associated with the Walter Reed branch of REI and the ART Institute located in Bethesda, Md., and helps enroll patients for highly sophisticated assisted reproductive technologies, including in-vitro fertilization (IVF) and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) as needed.
Who should be referred to REI at Belvoir Hospital?
- Women less than 35 years of age attempting pregnancy for more than 12 months with no success
- Women more than 35 years of age attempting pregnancy for more than six months with no success
- Women with a previous diagnosis of infertility due to the following: PCOS, anovulation, fibroids, uterine septum/abnormality, tubal factor infertility, male infertility
- Reproductive-age women with menstrual abnormalities
- Women with recurrent pregnancy losses (more than two first trimester miscarriages, or two miscarriages with one being a first trimester loss and one or more second trimester loss)
- Hot flashes, libido changes, HRT therapy