Community/County and Recreational Resources
Fairfax County Public Library System
Scheduled activities to include story time, lending libraries, research, etc.
Fairfax County Parks and Recreation
Recreation activities and parks.
Fort Belvoir Bowling Center
- 5975 Middleton Rd, Bldg. 1199 Fort Belvoir, VA 22060.
Fort Belvoir Skate Park
- 14th and Middleton Rd, Fort Belvoir, VA 2206
Fort Belvoir Community Center
Classes including guitar, piano, drum, cooking, dancing, and painting.
- Leisure Travel Services: discounted tickets and tours.
- Available to all CAC card/family member ID/MWR card holders.
- 10300 Taylor Rd, Bldg. 1200, Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
Offers a long list of outdoor recreation equipment for rent at modest per-day rates.
- 10155 Johnston Rd, Bldg. 778, Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
Child and Youth Services (CYS)
- Offers school youth programs; camps, recreation, outreach activities, and sports and fitness.
Lorton Community Action Center (LCAC)
LCAC provides weekly food assistance, educational opportunities (budgeting, resume writing, tax preparation program, computer and nutrition classes, ESL) along with supportive programs like Back2School, Thanksgiving, Warm Coat, Holiday and emergency rent and utility help.
- Supports households located in Fort Belvoir, Lorton, and Newington.
- Self-referral — Families in need of assistance can reach out to learn how to register for services.
- Point of Contact: Linda Patterson, LCAC Executive Director, Linda@LortonAction.org, 703-339-5161, ext. 140.
Workhouse Military in the Arts Initiative (WMAI) Program (through Workhouse Arts Foundation)
Individual & Group Art Therapy in a supportive, non-clinical environment.
- Programs include: Open Studio Saturdays for military artists, family members and caregivers; military family “Make & Take” Arts Workshops; Recovery Forge Open Studio every weekend (Saturday & Sunday, Spring through Fall); Sunday evening Ceramic & Glass class for military veterans.
- Subsidies to attend other regularly programmed Workhouse arts courses.
- Points of Contact: Alyssa Goggan, firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-584-2929; Debra Balestreri, email@example.com, 703-584-2909.