Joint Medical Readiness Center
Note: On October 1, 2021, Phlebotomy services will no longer be offered at the Joint Medical Readiness Clinic (JMRC, 3rd Floor of the Sunrise Pavilion). All routine phlebotomy and specimen collection tests should report to the Outpatient Blood Draw Laboratory located in the Oaks Pavilion, Floor 1, Room O1.205.
Welcome to the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital Joint Medical Readiness Center, home of Physical Exams and Flight Medicine.
The objective of the military medical exam is to determine service member fitness for duty in accordance with Air Force Instruction 48-123, Navy Manual of the Medical Department Chapter 15 and Army Regulation 40-501.
Service members are expected to maintain medical and physical fitness.
In order to assist the examining provider and staff during the physical, please call 571-231-REDI (7334) or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions or any questions regarding the physical exam process.
All who are enrolled at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, including Fairfax Health Center and Dumfries Health Center:
- Separation History and Physical Examination (SHPE) only for Reserve and National Guard
- Military school physicals
- Special forces, SERE, dive, airborne, and ranger accession
- Officer candidate (OCS), warrant officer (WOC), must be currently in a military status
- Deployment Health Assessments (pre-, post-, and re-assessment)
- Periodic Health Assessments
- Other services: Vital signs and walk-in vision readiness
- The JMRC does not conduct Active Duty Separation or Retirement Physicals. Contact 571-231-1803 to begin this process with your primary care provider (must be enrolled to Fort Belvoir Community Hospital). See Family Medicine
- The JMRC does not conduct Department of Defense Medical Evaluation Review Board (DoDMERB) physicals. These exams are conducted through a contracted organization and DoDMETS.
Do not wear contact lenses. You MUST
bring your eyeglasses.
Flight Medicine promotes the health and functional well-being of our aviation community in a timely and flexible manner. The following services are available to active duty service members, civil servants on flight status, and personnel assigned to Davison Army Airfield.
All components of the Flight Physical must be completed through Aviation Medicine under the direction of the Aviation Nurse Consultant: email@example.com.