Family Health Center Access to Care
Due to an exceptionally high volume of patients at our outlying Family Health Centers at Dumfries and Fairfax, beneficiaries may be experiencing longer than normal wait times at each of these locations. You are important to us, and multiple efforts are being taken to decrease these wait times. We also feel it to be equally important to prepare you and your family for any unexpected delays and provide options for your healthcare needs.
In support of our military healthcare mission, active-duty Service Members remain our priority and are required to been seen at a Military Treatment Facility, without exception, for urgent and primary medical care. However, we have additional options that do not require referrals for family members and retirees to receive urgent care, telephone advice, and telehealth visits. Keep in mind that network co-pays may be applicable for retirees and their family members.
The following are a few examples:
- Non active-duty beneficiaries may seek care for acute issues at a network urgent care facility without a referral. Here is the link for the network urgent care facilities: https://www.humanamilitary.com/beneficiary/findcare
- Our Nurse Advice Line (NAL) is available 24/7 to provide health care advice from a registered nurse or assist in getting an appointment if you are enrolled to the military treatment facility. The NAL can also provide referrals to urgent care for active-duty beneficiaries when determined to be appropriate.
- Non active-duty beneficiaries have access to telehealth services without a referral through Doctor on Demand for urgent care and behavioral health providers: https://doctorondemand.com/microsite/humanamilitary/
Please note that the Urgent Care Clinics (UCC) at Fairfax and Dumfries Family Health Centers are open and fully operational for any urgent care needs. Contact numbers for each clinic are as follows:
- Dumfries FHC Urgent Care: 703-441-7604, Open until 8 p.m.
- Fairfax FHC Urgent Care: 571-432-2731, Open until 8 p.m.
We will continue to keep you informed of any further changes as we continue to provide dedicated care to each of our beneficiaries.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
See our Belvoir Hospital Facebook page
for addition information including Civilian Urgent Care Facilities near the Belvoir Hospital.