The Fort Belvoir Community Hospital Cardiology staff is dedicated to our mission of providing excellent clinical, diagnostic and interventional care to patients. We take great pride in our ability to be accessible to our patients and offer convenient access to care. Our cardiology section is comprised of an outpatient service specialty clinic with subspecialties located within the department.
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory: For diagnostic and low risk interventional catheterizations with a prep and recovery area where we can receive and prepare cardiology cardiac catheterization patients for the procedure and recover to be discharged home or admitted to the ward.
- Anticoagulation and Coumadin Clinic: Point-of-care testing for all patients who require monitoring on anticoagulation therapy.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Services: Located within the cardiology clinic for patients post open heart surgery or patients who require cardiac rehabilitation after undergoing a cardiac event.
- Congestive heart failure clinic: For patients diagnosed with congestive heart failure who require closer, more frequent monitoring and cardiology follow-ups.
- Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography: A heart imaging test that helps determine if deposits of fat or calcium (plaque) are narrowing the coronary arteries. Coronary CTA is a special type of X-ray examination. Patients undergoing a coronary CTA scan receive an iodine-containing contrast material (dye) as an intravenous injection to ensure the best possible images. This is sometimes an alternative to cardiac catheterization depending on a cardiologist’s recommendations.
- Urgent and routine cardiology referrals and follow up care embracing the team concept for continuity of care. Patients work with the same team of nurses and cardiologists while treated in the cardiology clinic for all cardiology follow-ups.
One-stop appointment services for patients who require stress testing, echocardiograms, and cardiac event monitoring. Cardiology also offers the following services:
- Cardiac catheterization with low risk intervention if needed
- CTA (completed by Radiology)
- Nuclear Medicine study
- Treadmill stress testing clinic
- Dobutamine stress testing clinic
- Coumadin point of care testing
- Anticoagulation clinic
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Pacemaker Interrogation Echocardiogram clinic
- CHF clinic
- Stress echocardiogram clinic
- Dobutamine stress echocardiogram clinic
- Standard team concept in nurse provider follow up clinic to ensure continuity of care for patient, patients may call and speak to their providers team nurse during clinic hours for any questions.
- Urgent same day referrals
- 72-hour medicine refill service: Patients may request to have cardiology medicine refills (only those prescribed by cardiologist) filled by the pharmacy within 72 hours.
- Lipid clinic
- Home monitoring for coumadin clinic
- Home monitoring for pacemaker interrogation clinic