Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP)
In keeping with the guidance set forth in the Army-Wide Preparedness and Response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Outbreak, the following EFMP process changes are in effect:
- Processing and completion of paper work for EFMP enrollments, updates, and disenrollments are being conducted in-person and telephonically.
- Overseas Screenings are being conducted in-person and virtually. Appointments for OCONUS screenings may be conducted virtually at the discretion of the provider, as a precautionary measure to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- If you have questions regarding a required EFMP action, please email the local EFMP staff.
Virtual OCONUS Screening
Virtual OCONUS screenings are conducted by an audio-visual platform or audio-only platform, instead of face-to-face. Soldiers and family members may initiate the process by bringing or emailing their DA Form 5888 (Family Member Deployment Screening Sheet) and DA Form 7246 (EFMP Screening Questionnaire to the FBCH EFMP office. The DA Form 5888 must be signed by Military Personnel Division prior to submission to our office.
If you have questions regarding a required EFMP and Overseas Screening actions, please call 571-231-1054 or email the local EFMP Mail box email@example.com.
What is the EFMP?
The EFMP supports families with special medical and educational needs. Each branch has its own EFMP and enrollment process. You can enroll in the EFMP during duty assignment.
EFMP family support services are also available at your installation. The family support services team is your main point of contact for EFMP information. They can connect you with:
- Military Support Services and Resources
- Community Support Services and Resources
The family support services team can also answer specific EFMP questions based on your branch or installation.
Military One Source
Visit the Special Needs Resources page on Military One Source for more information about the EFMP.
Contact a Representative
To find an EFMP representative, visit the Military Installations website.
If you are overseas, contact the TRICARE Area Office Director at 1-888-777-8343 and choose the menu option for your overseas area.
The required forms for enrollment are available here:
- DD Form 2792, "Family Member Medical Summary," JAN 2021 This form is used to document a family member's special medical needs and for enrollment in the Exceptional Family Member Program. This information assists military assignment personnel in matching the family member's special medical needs against the availability of medical services at the projected duty station.
- DD Form 2792-1, "Special Education/Early Intervention Summary," JAN 2021 This form is used to document the special education needs of a child with a disability, birth through age 21, and for enrollment in the Exceptional Family Member Program. This information will assist military assignment personnel in matching the child's special education needs against the availability of educational services at the projected duty station.
Please use these fillable e-forms when possible and ensure all handwritten entries are legible. This will reduce errors and delays due to unreadable information.