COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Update, May 25, 2022
COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Availability, Ages 5-11
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has authorized a booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine for children ages 5 to 11. As such, we are now offering booster doses to the 5 to 11 age group.
- Beneficiaries ages 5 to 17 may receive a booster dose of Pfizer 5 months after their second dose.
- Beneficiaries age 18 and older may receive a booster of Pfizer or Moderna 5 months after their second dose.
- TRICARE beneficiaries age 5 and up, DoD Civilian employees, and DoD Contract employees are eligible to receive a vaccine with us.
- Fort Belvoir offers both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine.
- If you received Johnson and Johnson as your primary vaccine, you are eligible for a Pfizer or Moderna booster 2 months after your J&J vaccine.
- We are also offering second booster doses to people over 50 and people age 18-49 who are moderately to severely immunocompromised. The second booster must be at least 4 months after the first booster.
- These timelines change if you are immunocompromised. Please visit CDC.gov or contact your provider if you are unsure of your health status.
As always, we appreciate your flexibility and we look forward to taking care of you and your family as we navigate through this period together. Vaccination remains the safest strategy for preventing future COVID-19 infections, hospitalizations, long-term effects and fatalities.
Please schedule an appointment online through the DHA Appointment Portal by visiting: https://informatics-stage.health.mil/BelvoirCOVIDApp/.
Walk in are accommodated on a space available basis.
Please visit the FBCH COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Portal (DAP), call our COVID-19 Vaccine Information Hotline at 571-231-7777, option 1, or see our Belvoir Hospital Facebook page for the latest updates on the COVID-19 vaccine availability at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital.
More detailed information is available on the Belvoir Hospital Facebook page: facebook.com/belvoirhospital