Activate your prescription from an Outside Provider
Hard Copy/Paper Prescriptions
Hardcopy prescriptions will only be accepted at ATAMMC Main Hospital Pharmacy. Electronic prescriptions are the FASTER and SAFER route. See below
Electronic Prescriptions from Outside Providers (eRx)
Have your provider send your prescriptions electronically to military pharmacies for all medications. Ask your doctor to send your prescription electronically to our pharmacy using the following information:
- For same day pickup: Activate your prescriptions using ONE of the methods described below (Q-Anywhere text service, phone, or an activation kiosk at the hospital).
- NOTE: Electronic prescriptions will NO longer be automatically filled. You may request next day filling at the exchange via phone or internet activation.
Pharmacy Name: DoD FT BELVOIR PHARMACY
Pharmacy NCPDP/NPI Number: 4845422/1437563269
- Dumfries Pharmacy: Activate via normal activation method.
Pharmacy Name: DoD DUMFRIES PHARMACY
Pharmacy NCPDP/NPI Number: 4845977/1023415825
- Fairfax Pharmacy: Activate via normal activation method.
Pharmacy Name: DoD FAIRFAX PHARMACY
Pharmacy NCPDP/NPI Number: 4845991/1194122564
You can also transfer prescriptions from a network pharmacy to a military pharmacy. Call the Express Scripts Member Choice Center at 1-877-882-3335.
Activate Your New Prescriptions or Doctor Called in Refills (renewal) from an MTF Provider
The pharmacy has multiple options available to you depending on your preferred pick up location.
Just use your cell phone to text the words “Get in line” to 1-877-909-2513 and follow the text prompts. You will need to enter the patient’s DoD ID# to activate your new prescriptions. Next, select your pickup location (currently available at the ATAMMC, Dumfries, and Fairfax pharmacies). You will be issued a ticket number and asked which NEW/RENEWAL
medications you wish to fill. (NO REFILLS
will be processed using Q-Anywhere.) The pharmacy will process your request and send you a text when the prescriptions are ready for pickup. If you don’t have the DoD ID# for the patient, call the pharmacy call center and save the information for your next request.
Q-Anywhere via Kiosk
The Hospital Pharmacy has a kiosk in the front hallway of the hospital on Floor 1, between Oaks Pavilion and Eagle Pavilion where you can check-in for pharmacy activation. Just follow the prompts, selecting the options for New Electronic Prescriptions and we will process your NEW/RENEWAL prescriptions (NO REFILLS) and send you a text when they are ready for pickup.
NOTE: you MUST enter or confirm your cell phone number at the kiosk to receive text message updates about your prescription status.
Digital Pharmacy Drop Box (via MHS GENESIS Patient Portal - DS Logon Required)
Send a request for a new medication via Direct Message to our pharmacy staff, WITHOUT having to wait on the phone. Prescriptions will be ready for pickup after 2 p.m. the next business day at the ScriptCenter machine located in the Meadows Pavilion of ATAMMC. ScriptCenter allows medication pickup 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
NOTE: this service is NOT currently available at the branch health clinics (DiLorenzo, Dumfries, or Fairfax).
To use this service log on to the MHS Genesis Patient Portal and send a message to: FT. BELVOIR MAIN HOSPITAL PHARMACY
Digital Pharmacy Drop Box Instructions
Internet Request Form
CLICK HERE to request NEW prescriptions at the Hospital, Exchange, DiLorenzo, Dumfries, and Fairfax, pharmacies. Requests submitted prior to Noon are available same day after 2 p.m.; requests submitted after Noon are available the next business day after 9 a.m. Just fill out the information and select your desired pickup location. This option is available 24 hours a day.
- New Exchange Pickup: You can now request new prescriptions to be filled NEXT BUSINESS DAY after 2 p.m. NOTE: This is the ONLY option available to request next day prescriptions at the exchange.
You can call and speak with a pharmacy staff member who can help process your prescriptions and give you an estimated wait time. Phone lines are EXTREMELY busy so we recommend using one of the other options when possible.
- Hospital Pharmacy: 571-231-3224, option 2, option 2
- Exchange Pharmacy: 571-231-3224, option 2, option 2; phone requests for the Exchange pickup will be available in 3 business days.
- Dumfries Pharmacy: 703-441-7690
- Fairfax Pharmacy: 571-432-2790
It is highly recommended that you activate remotely so that you do not have to wait around at the hospital/clinic, but you can request activation of your prescriptions in person.
- Hospital Pharmacy: The pharmacy lobby is now reserved for pickups ONLY. We have a pharmacy activation kiosk setup in the front hallway of the hospital on Floor 1, between Oaks Pavilion and Eagle Pavilion.
- Exchange Pharmacy: No walk-up activation requests are accepted at the exchange pharmacy.
- Dumfries Pharmacy: In-person requests can be made in the pharmacy lobby to activate your prescriptions, but the lobby has capacity limitations.
- Fairfax Pharmacy: In-person requests can be made in the pharmacy lobby to activate your prescriptions, but the lobby has capacity limitations.
Wait to be notified it’s ready for pickup
To ensure that you receive your notifications, please verify that your information is accurate by talking with a staff member during your next visit.
- Once you receive your “ready” notification, please check-in at the concierge desk just outside the pharmacy lobby. They will verify your prescriptions are ready and then you can get a pickup ticket at the kiosk. Once you have your ticket, please remain socially distanced while waiting for your ticket to be called. Executive Medicine, SRU, and HEMONC clinic patients may utilize the dedicated first window. If Window 1 is backed up, listen for your ticket number as it may be called at a different window first.
- Most new prescriptions can be filled at the Exchange Pharmacy for pick up the NEXT BUSINESS DAY AFTER 2 p.m. Prescriptions must be requested at least 1 day in advance using the Pharmacy Phone Activation Line or Internet Request Form. Written, paper prescriptions can be filled at the ATAMMC Main Pharmacy.
- Prescriptions can be picked up in the drive-thru or pharmacy lobby, but lobby capacity is limited.
- Prescriptions can be picked up in the pharmacy lobby only.
All refills must be called into the Pharmacy Audiocare refill line 1-800-377-1723. Turnaround time for refill requests are 3 business days. For detailed instructions on how to use Audiocare system, please see below.
- Normal refill requests for the hospital are processed for pickup at the Exchange Pharmacy. Prescriptions maybe completed sooner than 3 business days so please see an exchange staff member to ensure that you receive notifications when ready. If you cannot wait the 3 day processing time and require an exception to policy, you may call the pharmacy activation number. NOTE: Same day walk-in day refills will ONLY be filled in emergency situations and may take up to 4 hours to process.
- Same day refill requests will not be filled during peak hours (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.).
Other Pharmacy Service Details and Locations
This location offers a full range of pharmacy services to all beneficiaries, and is located on the main campus at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital in Oaks Pavilion, Floor 1, Room O1.700.
This location is for pickup only, and is located in the Fort Belvoir Exchange at 8651 John J. Kingman Road, Fort Belvoir. You must call in your refills for pick up at the Exchange Pharmacy.
This location offers a full range of pharmacy services to beneficiaries employed at the Pentagon, and is located in Concourse (2D1076), across from the Fort America Store.
This location offers a full range of pharmacy services to all beneficiaries, and is located at 3700 Fettler Park Drive, Dumfries.
This location offers a full range of pharmacy services to all beneficiaries, and is located at 4375 Fair Lakes Court, Fairfax.
TRICARE Mail Order Pharmacy Home Delivery
You may be able to get prescriptions delivered directly to your door! For more information on TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery, visit https://www.tricare.mil/homedelivery
For Phone Refills at Belvoir Hospital, DiLorenzo, Dumfries, and Fairfax
- Step 1: Call 1-800-377-1723, option 2 for pickup at an Army facility
- Step 2: For facilities in Virginia, option 2
- Step 3:
- For Fort Belvoir Exchange Pharmacy, option 1
- For Dumfries Pharmacy, option 2
- For Fairfax Pharmacy, option 3
- For DiLorenzo ScriptCenter Pharmacy, option 5
- For Belvoir Hospital ScriptCenter, option 6
- For Dumfries ScriptCenter, option 8
- For Fairfax ScriptCenter, option 9
- Step 4: To refill or check the status of prescriptions, option 1
- Step 5: Enter the last four numbers of the sponsor’s social security number, and then #
- Step 6: Enter the eight digits of the prescription number, and #
- Step 7:
- To refill the prescription, option 1
- To check the status of the prescription, option 2
- The system will then inform you if the prescription is able to be refilled and when it will be ready
Helpful Medication Tips
- The pharmacy’s busiest days are Monday and Friday and peak hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. To avoid longer than average wait times, try to come outside these days and times.
- Know the name(s) and dosage(s) of your medication as well as why you are taking them.
- Be familiar with your medications: look for changes in color, size, shape, markings and smell. If you notice something unusual contact the pharmacy.
- Take medications only as prescribed by your provider; if they tell you to take it differently than prescribed request a new prescription.
- Do not mix medications unless instructed by your physician. Inform your physician of all medications you take, including over-the-counter medications, herbal medications and dietary supplements.
- All medications can produce actions or effects other than those desired. Contact your physician and pharmacist if symptoms occur.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, check with your physician and pharmacist before taking any medication.
- Do not mix different medications in the same container. Keep medications in childproof containers and out of reach of children.
- When traveling, carry your medication with you, not in your luggage. Be sure to take enough medication to last through your trip including a little extra in case of unexpected delays.
TRICARE Formulary Search
TRICARE Pharmacy Information