To more efficiently utilize pharmacy staff, curbside pickup will be closing April 12, 2021 and the outpatient hours will be consolidated from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. The new process will mimic the exchange model, which has increased patient satisfaction and reduced pickup times. As with curbside, customers MUST activate their prescriptions and wait for the “ready” message prior to coming to the lobby to ensure fast service. For activation options, please see the pharmacy homepage. Thank you for continuing to trust us with your care.
Updates for April 12, 2021 changes:
- New Activation Method: Q-Anywhere via Kiosk.
- New option for Exchange Pickup on Internet Request Form.
- Hospital Phone activation now available open to close, Monday through Saturday.
- New Hospital Pharmacy Hours
- Weekdays, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Pickup Process in lobby.
- Phone Activation Line is VERY busy, recommend using other activation method when possible.
- New Prescription Requests for exchange pickup will be a 3 day turn-around.
The Fort Belvoir Community Hospital Department of Pharmacy strives to be a compassionate healthcare team, committed and responsive to the needs of the beneficiaries we serve.
Our pharmacies deliver quality pharmaceutical care services while maintaining a high state of readiness in a workplace of excellence and safety.
Start Date Apr. 12, 2021
Activate your prescription from an Outside Provider
Hard Copy/Paper Prescriptions
It is highly recommended to have your provider send electronic prescriptions whenever possible as this will greatly reduce your pharmacy wait time. The only prescriptions that we require to have as a Hard Copy are controlled substances and Non-Formulary medications. Please ensure that the provider physically signs all paper prescriptions, as an electronic signature is NOT valid.
- Hospital Pharmacy: Please see the pharmacy greeter in the lobby. They can provide you with an envelope to fill out. If it is something that you need right away, they will submit it to the pharmacy for immediate processing. If not, you can submit the envelope in the dropbox in the pharmacy lobby for next day service.
- Exchange Pharmacy: There is a dropbox at the exchange pharmacy available for NEXT DAY pickup ONLY.
- Dumfries Pharmacy: Hard copies can be dropped off in person in the lobby or there is a dropbox. Dropbox prescriptions will be ready the next business day after 2 p.m.
- Fairfax Pharmacy: There is a dropbox in the pharmacy lobby. Please fill out form completely and you will be notified when complete.
Electronic Prescriptions from Outside Providers (eRx)
Outside providers can send electronic prescriptions directly to the pharmacy saving you valuable time, because you can activate from home rather than having to drop them off at the pharmacy. Unfortunately, the eRx Site cannot accept prescriptions for Controlled Substances or Non-Formulary medications at this time. To send in prescriptions your provider will need the following information:
- Hospital/Exchange Pharmacy: Prescriptions submitted to the hospital are automatically processed at the exchange for next day pickup after 1 p.m. If prescriptions are needed same day, please call us on the activation line (571) 231-3224, option 2, option 2 for pickup at the hospital.
Pharmacy Name: DoD FT BELVOIR RX ePhcy
Pharmacy NCPDP/NPI Number: 4845422/1437563269
- Dumfries Pharmacy: Activate via normal activation method.
Pharmacy Name: DoD Dumfries ePhcy
Pharmacy NCPDP/NPI Number: 4845977/1023415825
- Fairfax Pharmacy: Activate via normal activation method.
Pharmacy Name: DoD FAIRFAX ePhcy
Pharmacy NCPDP/NPI Number: 4845991/1194122564
Activate Your New Prescriptions or Doctor Called in Refills (renewal) from an MTF Provider
The pharmacy has multiple options available to you depending on your preferred pick up location.
Currently available at the Hospital Pharmacy only. Just use your cell phone to text the words “Get in line” to 1-877-909-2513; enter the patient’s DoD ID# to activate all your new prescriptions. The pharmacy will process all your NEW/RENEWAL prescriptions (NO REFILLS) and send you a text when they are ready for pickup. If you don’t have the DoD ID# for the patient, call the pharmacy call center for next time.
New Q-Anywhere via Kiosk (Coming Soon)
The Hospital Pharmacy will be moving two kiosks out into the front hallways of the hospital on Floor 1 where you can check-in for pharmacy activation. Just follow the prompts, selecting the options for New Electronic Prescriptions and we will process all your NEW/RENEWAL prescriptions (NO REFILLS) and send you a text when they are ready for pickup.
CLICK HERE to request NEW prescriptions at the Hospital, Exchange, Dumfries, Fairfax, and DiLorenzo pharmacies. Requests submitted prior to Noon are available same day after 2 p.m.; requests submitted after Noon are available the next business day after 9 a.m. Just fill out the information and select your desired pickup location. This option is available 24 hours a day.
- New Exchange Pickup: You can now request new prescriptions to be filled NEXT DAY after 2 p.m. Note: This is the ONLY option available to request next day prescriptions at the exchange.
You can call and speak with a pharmacy staff member who can help process your prescriptions and give you an estimated wait time. Phone lines are VERY busy so we recommend using one of the other options when possible.
- Hospital Pharmacy: 571-231-3224, option 2, option 2 (Monday–Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Sat, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Exchange Pharmacy: 571-231-3224, option 2, option 2 (Monday–Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.); phone requests for the exchange will be a 3 day turn-around to match refill policy.
- Dumfries Pharmacy: 704-441-7690 (Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Fairfax Pharmacy: 571-432-2790 (Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
It is highly recommended that you activate remotely so that you do not have to wait around at the hospital/clinic, but you can come and speak with a pharmacy staff member in person.
- Hospital Pharmacy: The pharmacy lobby is now reserved for pickups ONLY. We will have pharmacy activation kiosks setup in both ends of the front hallways of the hospital on Floor 1. Additionally, a staff member on a mobile workstation is also near the River Pavilion. Note: We cannot guarantee auditory privacy at the mobile workstation.
- Exchange Pharmacy: No walk-up activation requests are accepted at the exchange pharmacy.
- Dumfries Pharmacy: In-person requests can be made in the pharmacy lobby to activate your prescriptions, but the lobby has capacity limitations.
- Fairfax Pharmacy: In-person requests can be made in the pharmacy lobby to activate your prescriptions, but the lobby has capacity limitations.
Wait to be notified it’s ready for pickup
To ensure that you receive your notifications, please verify that your information is accurate by talking with a staff member during your next visit.
- Once you receive your “ready” notification, please check-in at the concierge desk just outside the pharmacy lobby. They will verify your prescriptions are ready and then you can get a pickup ticket at the kiosk. Once you have your ticket, please remain socially distanced while waiting for your ticket to be called. Executive Medicine, SRU, and HEMONC clinic patients may utilize the dedicated first window. If Window 1 is backed up, listen for your ticket number as it may be called at a different window first.
- New prescriptions are only available for NEXT DAY pickup at the exchange for prescriptions electronically submitted by outside providers (eRx) or if you call the hospital pharmacy activation line.
- Prescriptions can be picked up in the drive-thru or pharmacy lobby, but lobby capacity is limited.
- Prescriptions can be picked up in the pharmacy lobby only.
All refills must be called into the Pharmacy Audiocare refill line 1-800-377-1723 or submitted via Tricare Online
. Turnaround time for refill requests are 3 business days. For detailed instructions on how to use Audiocare system, please see below.
- Normal refill requests for the hospital are processed for pickup at the Exchange Pharmacy. Prescriptions maybe completed sooner than 3 business days so please see an exchange staff member to ensure that you receive notifications when ready. If you cannot wait the 3 day processing time and require an exception to policy, you may call the pharmacy activation number. Note: Same day walk-in day refills will ONLY be filled in emergency situations and may take up to 4 hours to process.
- Same day refill requests will not be filled during peak hours (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.).
Other Pharmacy Service Details and Locations
This location offers a full range of pharmacy services to all beneficiaries, and is located on the main campus at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital in Oaks Pavilion, Floor 1, Room O1.700.
This location is for pickup only, and is located in the Fort Belvoir Exchange at 8651 John J. Kingman Road, Fort Belvoir. You must call in your refills for pick up at the Exchange Pharmacy.
This location offers a full range of pharmacy services to beneficiaries employed at the Pentagon, and is located in Corridor 8.
This location offers a full range of pharmacy services to all beneficiaries, and is located at 3700 Fettler Park Drive, Dumfries.
This location offers a full range of pharmacy services to all beneficiaries, and is located at 4375 Fair Lakes Court, Fairfax.
TRICARE Mail Order Pharmacy Home Delivery
For Phone Refills at Belvoir Hospital, Dumfries, Fairfax, and DiLorenzo
- Step 1: Call 1-800-377-1723, option 2 for pickup at an Army facility
- Step 2: For facilities in Virginia, option 2
- Step 3:
- For Fort Belvoir Exchange Pharmacy, option 1
- For Dumfries Pharmacy, option 2
- For Fairfax Pharmacy, option 3
- For DiLorenzo Pharmacy, option 5
- For Dumfries Drive-Thru Pharmacy, option 8
- Step 4: To refill or check the status of prescriptions, option 1
- Step 5: Enter the last four numbers of the sponsor’s social security number, and then #
- Step 6: Enter the eight digits of the prescription number, and #
- Step 7:
- To refill the prescription, option 1
- To check the status of the prescription, option 2
- The system will then inform you if the prescription is able to be refilled and when it will be ready
For Online Refills
Use the TRICARE Online Patient Portal Rx Refill option to directly request refills for pick up at the Exchange Pharmacy.
Helpful Medication Tips
- The pharmacy’s busiest days are Monday and Friday and peak hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. To avoid longer than average wait times, try to come outside these days and times.
- Know the name(s) and dosage(s) of your medication as well as why you are taking them.
- Be familiar with your medications: look for changes in color, size, shape, markings and smell. If you notice something unusual contact the pharmacy.
- Take medications only as prescribed by your provider; if they tell you to take it differently than prescribed request a new prescription.
- Do not mix medications unless instructed by your physician. Inform your physician of all medications you take, including over-the-counter medications, herbal medications and dietary supplements.
- All medications can produce actions or effects other than those desired. Contact your physician and pharmacist if symptoms occur.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, check with your physician and pharmacist before taking any medication.
- Do not mix different medications in the same container. Keep medications in childproof containers and out of reach of children.
- When traveling, carry your medication with you, not in your luggage. Be sure to take enough medication to last through your trip including a little extra in case of unexpected delays.
Select this link to access the NCR Formulary Search
Select this link to access the TRICARE Formulary Search