Upcoming Hospital-Wide Maintenance Water Outage
June 3, 2022
Operating Status During Planned Hospital-Wide Water Outage
- Beginning this evening, Belvoir Hospital will begin preparations for a planned hospital-wide water outage to perform necessary and required maintenance on our water system.
- The outage will take place from 9 p.m. on Friday, June 3 through 9 a.m. on Saturday, June 4.
- This water outage is taking place outside of normal operating hours; therefore, majority of our beneficiaries will remain unaffected. See below for Emergency Department specific information.
- Rest assured, proper procedures and training are already in place for our current inpatient population. However, beginning this evening, all EMS services and new admissions will be diverted to other local medical facilities.
Emergency Department Operations During the Water Outage
While the ED remains open during this outage, patients visiting our ED can expect extremely long wait times and reduced visitation allowances.
It is HIGHLY recommended that patients who are not experiencing a TRUE EMERGENCY, visit an Urgent Care Center or alternative Medical Treatment Facility.
- All ED waiting room restrooms will be closed and there will be an outhouse located outside of the ED entrance.
- Visitors will be limited to only one parent/caregiver if the patient is a minor or requires the assistance of a primary caregivers. No other visitors will be allowed inside with patients.
- A reduction in usable patient rooms will be in place during this time, which will greatly increase the ED wait times.
We will continue to keep you informed of any further changes as we continue to provide dedicated care to each of our beneficiaries.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding during this necessary and required maintenance activity.