Our Integrated Surgical Services Clinic is a referral access clinic that requires a Primary Care Manager to request service through consultation or referral for patients who present with general surgery, thoracic, tele-neurosurgery, and plastic surgery related symptoms or conditions.
Our clinic staff also see emergency general surgery, thoracic, tele-neurosurgery, and plastic surgery cases from outside clinics in the National Capital Region and emergency trauma cases that are cared for at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital. When appointments are full in the clinic, we refer patients to other military treatment facilities and clinics in the Integrated Delivery System.
- General Surgery is a comprehensive specialty associated with a full complement of subspecialty surgical clinical services.
- Wound care is a specialty service under General Surgery.
- The Breast Care Center is the area where all services involved with treating the breast cancer patient will meet to do the initial multidisciplinary care meeting for all newly diagnosed breast cancer patients.
- Colon and Rectal Surgery offers fellowship-trained subspecialists in surgical diseases and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract and pelvic floor.
- Tumor Registry, the cancer registry component at our hospital, is a component of the cancer program designed to accession, abstract, and conduct follow-up for patients with reportable primaries diagnosed and/or initially treated at the facility.
- Thoracic Surgery services provide tertiary referral surgical care in the full realm of thoracic benign and malignant diseases, to include diseases of the trachea, lungs, esophagus, and mediastinum. They will also support other medical and surgical services at our facility as required.
- Plastic Surgery service provides world-class plastic and reconstructive surgery in all areas including adult, pediatric, craniofacial, microsurgery, hand, breast, and aesthetic. The more complex plastic and reconstructive surgeries will be performed at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
- Tele-neurosurgery service expands the availability of neurosurgical services to military treatment facilities, where either direct care or network resources are unavailable or severely limited in relation to demand. The virtual tele-neurosurgical clinic provides quality comprehensive outpatient neurosurgical care to include diagnostic evaluations, treatment planning and follow up within the capabilities and resources of Fort Belvoir Community Hospital and Walter Reed.