Welcome to the Pediatric Clinic, where we are honored and proud to care for the children of our military families.
As one of Alexander T. Augusta Military Medical Center's Patient Centered Medical Homes, our focus is to create an optimal healing environment while working as a team with our military families. By focusing on the patient first through a partnership approach with the family, we aim to provide primary health care that is accessible, family centered, coordinated, comprehensive, continuous, compassionate and culturally effective.
Our Pediatric Clinic consists of two medical home teams — Pink Panthers Team and Blue Dolphins Team — and has Pediatricians and Nurse Practitioners who care for about 8,000 infants, children, and adolescents enrolled to TRICARE Prime.
- Newborn follow-up (discharge, 3-5 day, 2 week)
- Well-baby examinations (2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, and 24 months)
- Daycare/preschool physicals
- School/sports/camp physicals
- 24 hour/Acute appointments
- Virtual Health appointments
- FTR (future)/Routine appointments
- Pediatric immunizations
- Nursing telephone and in-person triage
- Exceptional Family Member Program coordinator
- Synagis Clinic (seasonal)
- Lactation Consultant
- Frenotomy (fenulotomy/frenulectomy)
- Integrated Behavioral Healthcare (IBHC)
- Pediatric Spirometry (Pulmonary Function Test)
- Pediatric Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Rapid Strep (Point of Care Testing)
- HgbA1C (POC Testing)
- Transcutaneous neonatal bilirubin (POC Testing)
- COVID-19 Vaccine and Influenza Vaccine available seasonally. Walk-ins Monday–Friday, 8 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m.
- Wellness and routine Immunizations for patients empaneled to Pediatrics.
- Immunizations are offered as part of a routine health maintenance appointment. Walk-ins are available on a first come first serve basis.
- Vaccine record updates and documents.
- All Travel Vaccines (Typhoid, JEV, Yellow Fever, etc.) will be given at Allergy and Immunizations located in Meadows Pavilion, Floor 1, Reception 2.
- Pediatric Ward
- Nursery (level 2)
- Pediatrician On Duty (POD)
- Pediatric Developmental Clinic
Visiting Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) Specialty Services
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Clinic
- Pediatric Pulmonology Clinic
- Pediatric Cardiology Clinic
- Pediatric Nephrology Clinic
- Pediatric Endocrinology Clinic
Learn more about Alexander T. Augusta Military Medical Center's Patient Centered Medical Home.