Adult Outpatient Behavioral Health
The Fort Belvoir Community Hospital Adult Outpatient Behavioral Health staff provides a comprehensive array of mental health services for military members and their families in the National Capital Region, while demonstrating compassion and respect for each patient's health and well-being so that we may bring hope and healing to adults with mental illness. Our clinic is an interdisciplinary service offering a range of treatment options designed to alleviate impairment in coping skills, psychological symptoms, social or interpersonal dysfunctions, work or school performance, substance abuse, and lethality. If a given service is offered by another agency (e.g., Family Services, etc.), our outpatient clinic will liaison with that agency in order to facilitate appropriate referrals and eliminate redundancies.
We provide services to all eligible adult beneficiaries (18 years and older) on a space available basis. Military members assigned to the Warrior Transition Battalion, active duty service members, and TRICARE Prime enrollees receive priority. We can service TRICARE for Life, Extra and Standard enrollees on a space available basis.
- Triaging for services
- Biopsychological and substance use evaluations
- Treatment planning
- Full range of psychological testing on site or by consultation
- Individual psychotherapy
- Medication management
- Family and couples therapy
- Group psychotherapy
- Fitness for duty evaluations
- Temporary disability retirement list and medical board evaluations
- Other military specific evaluations to include CDMHE, chapter evaluations, security evaluations, and specialty school